Carson Blue Jays outlast Douglas Ducks, 6-2
May 25, 2018
Garritt Benivedez worked 6.2 innings of 5-hit ball and Casey Martensen drove in three runs to lead the Carson Blue Jays to a 6-2 win over the Douglas Ducks at the Reno Knights Memorial Weekend Tournament Friday night at Ron McNutt Field.
Carson, 2-1, returns to action Saturday at noon at CHS.
Benivedez threw 96 pitches, 61 for strikes, before yielding to Randy Herrera, who got the last out of the game. Benivedez was charged with both of Douglas' runs.
Carson took a 2-0 lead in the first on doubles by Kahle Good and Delsin Roberts plus a run-scoring infield out by Casey Martensen.
After Douglas cut the lead to 2-1 in the second, the Blue Jays added a run in the bottom of the second on Kobe Morgan's infield out. The Blue Jays made it 6-1 in the fifth with three runs, two on a double by Martensen and one on an error.
Roberts led the offense with two doubles, a single and two runs scored. Good, Josh Buchan, Morgan and Kenny Aydelott all had a hit apiece.
Trending In: Sports
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit