Carson Blue Jays rally to beat Damonte
June 30, 2018
The Blue Jays made it two straight in the Reno Knights July 4th Tournament with a 9-8 come-from-behind win over the Damonte Ranch Rebels on Saturday at Ron McNutt Field.
The winning run came home when Josh Ingram's ball to right field was misplayed, allowing Delsin Roberts, who had walked, to score the winning run in the bottom of the seventh.
The Blue Jays will play twice Sunday — both at home — at 4:30 p.m. and 7 p.m.
The Blue Jays' comeback actually started in the fifth, as Damonte had built an 8-5 lead thanks to two in the first, four in the third and two in the fourth.
Vernon Painter doubled to open the fifth and scored on two passed balls to make it 8-6 after five.
The Rebels gift-wrapped the two runs in the sixth, committing two errors on balls hit by Ingram and Kobe Morgan that made it 8-7, Josh Buchan had a run-scoring double that tied the game at 8.
Recommended Stories For You
Painter led the Blue Jays with two hits and two RBI, Buchan, Kahle Good, Casey Martensen and Roberts added a hit apiece.
Trending In: Sports
- Sparta ATC hosts football camp
- Joe Santoro: Nevada Wolf Pack’s fortune leads to expected proverb
- Bay Area stars Joe Pavelski and Steph Curry rise to top after first round at American Century Championship
- Hiking Lake Tahoe safely and successfully starts with preparation and respect
- Nevada Wolf Pack to play in Las Vegas Holiday Invitational