Carson boys lower the ‘Bohm’ on Sparks
December 18, 2002
The Carson High boys basketball team was able to exploit Sparks’ zone defense in a 66-50 win on Tuesday.
Andy Bohm led the way for the Senators, scoring 22 points. “Andy Bohm shot the ball really well,” Carson coach Bruce Barnes said. “We had some open jump shots and we were able to hit them.”
Ryan Henry scored 13 points, Ricky Correlli added 10 points and Rory Wunsch had seven points for the Senators (3-3). “Everybody contributed,” Barnes said.
Carson led 16-11 after one quarter and 34-22 at halftime. “We got out of the gates pretty fast,” Barnes said.
The Senators also shot well from the foul line, going 21-of-26. Henry was 7-of-8 from the line and Correlli was 6-of-8.
Barnes also praised the play of Correlli and Gary Borst at point guard.
Recommended Stories For You
“They did a pretty good job of getting us into the offense,” he said.
Carson will open play in the San Diego Classic at 7:30 p.m. Thursday against Mt. Miguel, which is ranked No. 8 in the San Diego section.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy
- Carson City sets aside site for affordable housing