Carson City juniors ousted at All-Star tourney
June 30, 2018
Reno National broke open a tight 4-3 game with six unanswered runs en route to a 16-4 win over Carson City's Junior all-star team Saturday morning in an elimination game in the District 1 tournament.
Reno National now faces Reno American for the title and a berth in the state tournament next week in Carson City.
Carson City took a 1-0 lead in the first on a run-scoring single by Wesley Simpson. Reno National came back with four in the top of the second, three of the runs coming on a double by winning pitcher Ryan Batt.
Carson closed to 4-3 in the bottom of the third thanks to run-scoring singles by Pedro Chavez and Aaron Ramirez.
Reno National scored two in the fourth, four in the fifth and one in the six for an 11-3 lead before Carson City scored one in the fourth to close to 11-4. Reno added five more in the seventh.
Simpson led Carson City, going 3-for-4, and Ramirez was 2-for-2.
Recommended Stories For You
Batt pitched six innings for Reno, allowing four runs on nine hits and striking out seven.
Trending In: Sports
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit pulls body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe
- Busy Saturday set for Carson City
- Nevada’s newest state park opens near Yerington
- Man held on felony domestic battery, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Male’s remains found inside truck retrieved from Lahontan Reservoir