Carson, Douglas golf shoot well in tournament
April 18, 2002
The Carson and Douglas High golf teams shot respectable scores at the Tony Horton Memorial Tournament in Manteca, Calif. on Wednesday.
Douglas fired a 422 while Carson shot a 423. Jonathan Merry of Douglas and Carson’s Shawn Heinz each shot a 77 to lead the local effort.
“That’s a good score on that golf course,” Carson coach Paul Croghan said.
Croghan noted the lowest individual score his team has ever had since going to the event was a 75.
Other scores for Carson were: Steve McQuirk, 83; Scotty Oxarart, 84; Tim Hohl, 88; Bryan Upton, 91; and Tyson Roser, 96.
“It’s a pretty difficult golf course,” Croghan said. “Fairly narrow, decent length, small greens. Hopefully it was good experience for us.”
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature