Carson girls basketball loses to McQueen
December 12, 2007
The Carson High girls basketball team continued to make progress, but still remained winless in a 61-48 loss at McQueen on Wednesday night.
Carson was tied with McQueen 9-9 after one quarter and trailed just 29-24 at halftime, but the Lancers broke the game open by outscoring the Senators 19-5 in the third quarter to take a 48-29 lead.
“The third quarter was the big turn,” Carson coach Todd Ackerman said. “We’re still young, still growing. We’re still trying to figure out what to do. We played better. We played hard.”
Gina Bianchi scored 12 points and Emily Field added seven points for Carson. Field scored five of her points during a key stretch in the second quarter when she hit a three-pointer and scored on another basket.
Field’s five points cut McQueen’s lead from 10 to 5. Ackerman also praised the play of Krista Mattice, Tiffany O’Day and Christy Works. Carson will play again today at 8 p.m. in the Morro Bay (Calif.) Tournament.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 4 Northwest Nevada solar projects proposed