Carson girls fall in Florida
December 21, 2002
The Carson High girls basketball team let a lead slip away in the fourth quarter in the semifinals of the KSA Classic Basketball Tournament in Orlando, Fla.
Carson lost to Unicoi Count, Tenn. 42-38 on Friday. The Senators will play for third place at 11:30 a.m. today against Grand Island of New York.
Unicoi outscored Carson 16-6 in the fourth quarter to pull out the win as it was able to pull away from the foul line.
“They’re a pretty good ball club,” Carson coach Paul Croghan said. “We blew a lead in the second half, which was not good. We were up for 30 minutes of the 32.”
The Senators led 9-4 after one quarter and 24-14 at halftime. “We started off pretty well,” Croghan said. “We played pretty good defense.”
Ciarra Christian scored 11 points and Tabitha Adams added seven points for Carson.
Recommended Stories For You
Carson notes: Senior forward Rosalia Nunez was selected to sing the Star Spangled Banner at the KSA Classic pretournament banquet held Wednesday night.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature