Carson girls golf finishes second to Douglas
September 18, 2007
The Carson High girls golf team settled for another second place finish on Tuesday in a Sierra League tournament at Thunder Canyon.
There was no way that the Senators were going to be able to catch Douglas as the Tigers won the Sierra League tournament for the fourth straight time, finishing with an impressive score of 430. Douglas swept the top three low score medalist honors as Katie Gettman and Shelby Louie tied for first as each shot a 79 and Bethany Wurster fired an 83.
Carson finished second for the fourth straight time as it was able to hold off South Tahoe. The Senators finished with a 509 while the Vikings were third with a 513.
For Carson, Michelle Kop fired a 93, Chelsea Keating had a 95, Lydia Peri had a 97, Katy Cowperthwaite shot a 111, Julia Lapham had a 113 and playing in her first tournament, freshman Sadie Staub shot a 133.
“It was a great course they got to play,” Carson coach Terry Gingell said. “The conditions were excellent. It was a lot of fun.
“The girls did OK. Michelle and Chelsea played well. Lydia didn’t play as well as she would have liked.”
Recommended Stories For You
Gingell also said he team as a whole can play better. “We didn’t do as well as we would have liked,” he said. “We’ll do better next time.”
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’