Carson girls golf settles for third
September 27, 2005
The Carson High girls golf team settled for a third place finish on a long and tough Washoe Golf Course in Reno in a Sierra League Tournament on Thursday.
Reno High won the event with a 461 while South Tahoe was second with a 499 and Carson was third with a 513. The Senators were led by Michelle Kop, who shot a 97.
Also for Carson, Lydia Peri fired a 100, Grace Ray shot a 104, Sarah Metcalf had a 105 and Samantha Wang added a 107. Playing in her first tournament, Erica McCraw fired a 139.
“It’s a good golf course, but it’s pretty tough,” Carson coach Terry Gingell said. “They played OK. They didn’t play as well as they would have liked. It was a good day. They played fine.”
The final Sierra League Tournament will be held this Tuesday at Lake Tahoe Golf Course. The Northern 4A Championships will be held Oct. 10 and 11 at Silver Oak Golf Course.
Trending In: Sports
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit