Carson girls soccer rolls to victory
September 22, 2007
The Carson High girls soccer team didn’t seem to be too affected by the conditions in a 6-0 win at Hug on Saturday.
Despite a heavy rain and sleet storm just before the game, the Senators were able to take control early. Carson (2-1 in the Sierra League) also took care of business heading into a key Sierra League showdown at 3:30 p.m. Monday at home against Reno High.
“We played well considering the conditions,” Carson coach Randy Roser said. “One minute you’re hot, 10 minutes later you’ve got your parka on. It was kind of hard to move the ball around.”
Kayla Sanchez opened the scoring five minutes into the game on an assist from Becca Kane. After Brandi Vega scored, Taylor Musselman scored off of a throw-in from Megan Jackson with two minutes left in the half to give Carson a 3-0 halftime lead. Sanchez scored again off on an assist from Kane, Amanda Osborne scored on Kane’s third assist and Miriah Tompkins scored on an assist from Allie Collier to finish the scoring.
Goalie Jen Johnson posted the shutout with help from Kryssi Kane. Johnson made contact with a Hug player outside of the goal box late in the first half, drawing an automatic yellow card. After Kane finished the half, Johnson returned in the second half.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand