Carson girls tennis team tops North Valleys
September 8, 2005
Aided by wins from five different singles players and four doubles teams, Carson High logged a 15-3 Sierra League girls tennis victory against North Valleys Thursday in Reno.
Elise Hansen, in her first singles match for the Senators, provided a highlight when she rallied from an early two-game deficit to win 6-4. Michelle Maurer also won 6-1 in her first singles match. Other winners for the Senators included Lisa Midboe (6-2), Shanni Eng (6-1) and Jenny Hood (6-1). Tiffany Moore lost 6-1 in her first high school match.
Carson picked up closely contested doubles victories from Elizabeth Gohr-Emily Wang (6-4) and Kristen Charles-Paige Miller (7-5). Amanda Gohr-Meagan Carter (6-0) and Kristi Philippi-Hilary Schlager (6-1) won their matches, while Melissa Whitcome-Stephanie Adamson (6-2) and Kacey Moseley-Rachel Rhees (6-3) dropped their matches.
Carson (2-0 league, 2-1 overall) hosts South Tahoe in a league match next Tuesday.
Trending In: Sports
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit