Carson golfers take second
September 20, 2005
Three Carson High golf players shot their personal bests to finish in the top five in Tuesday’s Sierra League golf tournament at Sparks’ Rosewood Lakes.
Michelle Kop and Lydia Peri each shot a 91 and Sarah Metcalf fired a 92 to lead the Senators to a second place finish in by far their best performance of the year. Carson finished with a 478 to easily outdistance South Tahoe, which had a 495.
Carson and South Tahoe have now each finished second twice in the four league events behind Reno High, which has placed first each time. Reno again won Tuesday, although its score wasn’t available.
Kop and Peri tied for third behind Reno’s top two golfers and Metcalf was fifth. “We had a good day,” Carson coach Terry Gingell said. “I think they’re going to keep improving.”
“It was a really solid performance on their part, which was fun to watch,” Gingell also said about Kop and Peri.
“She hit the ball well and played a really solid game,” Gingell added about Metcalf.
Recommended Stories For You
Also for Carson, Samantha Wang shot a 101. “She didn’t play as well as she would have liked, but still a solid round,” Gingell said.
In addition, Grace Ray shot a 103 and Taylor Stokes fired a 113 for Carson.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy