Carson High boys win in tourney
December 22, 2002
The Carson High boys basketball team jumped out to an early lead and never looked back in a 57-42 win over Santana of San Diego in the San Diego Classic on Saturday.
Carson jumped out to a 13-2 lead and led 15-4 after one quarter. The lead never dropped below 10 after that and the Senators led by as many as 18 points.
“We came out and shot the ball well,” Carson coach Bruce Barnes said. “We came out and played hard. I never felt the game was in jeopardy.”
Ricky Correlli scored 18 points and Ryan Henry added 12 points to lead Carson’s balanced attack. “The bench came in and contributed quite a bit,” Barnes said.
Carson will finish play in the tournament at 1 p.m. Monday.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature