Carson High girls soccer falls to Spanish Springs
September 29, 2002
The Carson High girls soccer team suffered a frustrating 1-0 loss to Spanish Springs on Saturday.
Carson had 20 shots, but couldn’t break through while Spanish Springs scored on a shot from 30 yards.
“We couldn’t finish at all,” Carson coach Mike Popp said. “We just need to work on our attack and finishing and work on our ball skills.
“We just didn’t play well at all. We just had a really, really off day.”
CARSON JVS 5, SPANISH SPRINGS 0
Goalies Nikki Whitmer and Jessica Goddard combined on the shutout as the Carson High junior varsity girls soccer team improved to 6-0-1. Madison Piazza and Serena Skudlarek also played outstanding defense.
Recommended Stories For You
Shannon Eng scored twice and Goddard, Whitmer and Morgan Beam all scored for the Senators.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature