Carson inline hockey wins again
December 6, 2005
The Carson Senator Inline Hockey team made a perfect weekend, sweeping both of its games after beating Fallon 5-2 on Sunday at the Pony Express Pavilion.
Ryan Dwyer scored twice and Bud Kop, Austin Bartosz and Eric Hastings each scored once. Hastings and Jake Echeverria also had an assist. Carson goalie Richie Copeland made 16 saves out of 18 shots.
Collin Hokenberry scored twice for Fallon while Pete Murphy made 19 saves out of 24 shots.
Carson’s junior varsity Blue also beat the Douglas JV 13-2. Jeremy Coomba led with six goals and two assists, Luke Echeverria had five goals and four assists, Conner Long had one goal, Ian Gentner had three assists and Justin Marsola had two assists. Goalie Seth Hartley faced seven shots and made five saves.
Claton Ewart made both of Douglas’s goals, one on an assist from Kyle Cranney. Douglas goalie Josh Lee faced 42 shots and made 29 saves.
Earlier in the day the Carson Blue JV defeated Fallon’s JV 9-0. Coomba led with five goals and two assists and Long, Jost, Echeverria and Gentner all had one goal each. Gentner had two assists and Echeverria had one. Hartley faced 11 shots and made 11 saves for a shutout.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit