Carson softball drops two in tourney
March 31, 2002
The Carson High softball team lost its last two games on Saturday in the Reed Tournament.
After winning its first two games of the tournament on Friday, the Senators lost 4-1 to Fallon and 6-3 to Reed.
Carson played most of the day Saturday without Brittany Puzey, who sprained her ankle sliding into third base against Fallon.
“I think she’ll be O.K.,” Carson coach John Sullivan said.
With the score tied 1-1 against Fallon, the Greenwave used two wild pitches and an error to score three runs in the fifth inning.
Mandy Carvin allowed two earned runs on four hits through four innings for the Senators as Carson was hurt by four errors.
Recommended Stories For You
Puzey was 1-for-1 before she was hurt, Ariandne Gonzalez had a hit and drove in Carson’s run and Kayla Dunn and Bethany Henry each added a hit for the Senators.
Carson (9-4-1) outhit Reed 6-4, but committed three errors. Dunn allowed three earned runs while striking out seven and walking two.
Kaylee Risi had a triple and an RBI, Kaitie Vidovich went 2-for-2, Ashley Reese had a hit and two RBIs and Gonzalez and Lindsay Farnworth each added a hit for Carson, which will play Wednesday and Thursday at the Modesto Tournament.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature