Carson tennis wins again
September 20, 2005
Josh Caron and Bryt Lewis combined to post a 6-0 victory in their doubles match to help the Carson High boys tennis team to a 17-1 Sierra League victory against Wooster in Reno on Tuesday.
The Senators, coming off a narrow two-point loss at South Tahoe last week, improved their league record to 3-1.
The teams of Nathaniel Hamer-Adam Houghton, Chris Wear-Nick Smallman, Gordon Lee-Casey Good and Kyle Stone-Ian Gentner also pitched shutouts to win their matches 6-0 for Carson. In singles action, Ryan Dwyer won 6-0, freshman Spencer Brinson won 6-1, Travis Trethan won 6-0, Ben Henningsen won 6-1 and Daniel Neiman won 6-1.
Carson plays host to league power Reno on Thursday at 3 p.m. on the Centennial Park courts.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature