Carson volleyball sweeps past Reno
October 11, 2002
The Carson High volleyball team kept pace in the Sierra League by routing Reno 15-2, 15-2, 15-3 on Thursday at home.
Carson improved to 8-1 in league, effectively staying in a first place tie with Douglas.
“We played well,” Carson coach Daryl James said. “We did a lot of good things.
“We handled the ball well. We served well. I was pretty happy with the way we played. Reno probably didn’t play as well as they could have.”
Tabitha Adams had 32 assists, 11 digs and two aces, Rachel DeRiemer had 10 kills, three blocks, seven digs and two aces, Shannon Devereaux had 12 kills and eight digs, Terri Niederer had six kills, Alyssa Wilson and Nicole Scott each had two kills, Colleen Doyle had two kills and two aces, Kaitlin Brush had two kills and an ace and Erin Amodei served for two aces for Carson.
DOUGLAS 3, NORTH VALLEYS 0
Recommended Stories For You
Douglas kept pace with Carson with a 15-7, 15-8, 15-5 win. Emily Haas had 12 kills, Brittany Addeo had 29 assists and Amy Christen served for six aces for the Tigers.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy