Carson volleyball sweeps Reno
September 20, 2002
After a slow start the Carson High volleyball team rolled to a win in three straight games against Reno.
The Senators beat the Huskies 15-8, 15-2, 15-6 on Thursday in Reno.
Reno jumped out to a huge lead in game one. “Then we started playing,” said Carson coach Daryl James, whose team dominated the rest of the match.
“We played pretty well. We did OK. Our ball control was pretty good. We got to run our offense. That’s probably the key, our ball control.”
Tabitha Adams had 33 assists and two aces, Rachael DeRiemer had 12 kills and three digs, Terri Niederer had seven kills and seven blocks, Kaitlin Brush had seven kills and two aces, Shannon Devereaux had five kills, five digs and two aces, Alyssa Wilson had two kills and two blocks and Katie Lawson added an ace for Carson.
“They’re OK,” said James about Reno. “They’re pretty big.”
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature