Carson volleyball sweeps Wooster
October 9, 2002
The Carson High girls volleyball team kept pace in the Sierra League with a 15-6, 15-7, 15-5 win at Wooster on Thursday.
Carson improved to 7-1 in league play. “We played pretty well,” Carson coach Daryl James said.
“We did all right. We just kind of took care of business. I was happy with how they played. We stayed pretty focused.”
Tabitha Adams and Rachel DeRiemer each had huge matches for the Senators. Adams had 45 assists and one kill and DeRiemer had 23 kills and 10 digs.
Also for Carson, Shannon Devereaux had eight kills and four digs, Terri Niederer had eight kills and five blocks, Alyssa Wilson had four kills and two aces, Kaitlin Brush had three aces and nine digs, Colleen Doyle had two kills, Katie Lawson had an ace and a kill and Jessica Smallman added five digs.
GALENA 3, MCQUEEN 0
Recommended Stories For You
The Galena High volleyball team improved to 7-1 in league with a 15-4, 20-18, 15-3 win.
Whitney Dibble had 14 blocks and added six kills and eight digs and served for three aces for Galena (19-9). Joanna Hixon had 13 kills and 10 digs, Carly Kolesar had six kills, Lydia Mailander had four kills, Mandy Dickman had 15 assists, Kate Wallace had 16 assists and five blocks, Whitney Haller had four blocks and Whitney Garol had four digs for the Grizzlies.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature