Champion Speedway resumes tonight
June 10, 2005
The Legends, Late Model Sportsmen and Hornets divisions will headline the racing program tonight at Champion Speedway.
The Grandstand gates open at 5 p.m., qualifying starts at 6 and racing at 7.
In addition to the three regular classes, there’s a possibility the new Bomber/Hobby Stock division will make its debut tonight, according to track general manager Les Kynett.
Next Saturday will signal the kickoff of Champion’s Summer Super Series events. Next Saturday, the WESTCAR Late Model Series will return for the second of four Desert Rose 100-lap races at Champion.
On June 25, the Western Modified Shootout twin 50s will be held at Champion, followed by the Firecracker 100 California Sprint Cars feature race on July 2.
Trending In: Sports
- Girls state track: Carson High’s Pradere wins again
- Fallon Green Wave quashes seventh-inning rally to win Nevada 3A State Softball Championship
- State track: Sierra Lutheran boys 2nd
- Carson City’s Kyrsta Palmer wins U.S. title, off to World Cup
- Prep Roundup: Douglas High softball falls in state title game