Christian fires 87 for Carson golf
September 26, 2002
Ciarra Christian shot her best score of the season, firing an 87 to lead the Carson High girls golf team to a sixth place finish in a Northern 4A Tournament at Lakeridge in Reno.
Galena once again placed first as it has in every tournament this year. The Grizzlies finished with a 453, followed by South Tahoe (493), Wooster (503), Elko (510), Reno (513) and Carson (519).
After struggling to a 10th place finish in the season’s first tournament, the Senators been consistent in their effort to finish the season in the top eight and qualify for the zone tournament.
“Fifth or sixth is good to make up for the first week,” Carson coach Paul Croghan said.
Croghan said Christian is capable of shooting an even lower score.
Christian’s score was impressive on a difficlut Lakeridge course, Croghan said.
Recommended Stories For You
Other scores for Carson were: Elizabeth Rankl 101, Lindsay Farnworth 106, Amanda Carvin 109, Megan Good 116 and Erica McAfee 118.
Croghan said he hopes that Rankl and Farnworth can lower their scores into the 90s.
“They’re both capable of that,” he said. “We just need to get a couple of others down in the 90s.”
Croghan hopes his team can improve its score this Wednesday when it plays in the Nothern 4A event at Silver Oak.
Trending In: Sports
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit