CHS boys basketball falls
December 26, 2007
The Carson High boys basketball team was facing a team that had scored 106 points in its previous game.
While the Senators held North of Southern California to 70 points, it was still an uphill battle for Carson, who lost 70-50 on Wednesday at the Sea Hawk Classic in Redondo Beach, Calif.
Carson had trouble handling North’s full-court press in the first half, especially in the second quarter. The Senators trailed 13-5 after one quarter and North outscored CHS 30-14 in the second quarter to take a 43-19 halftime lead. Carson was able to cut the deficit to 12 points late in the third quarter before North pulled away in the fourth quarter.
“They’re a pretty high-octane team,” Carson coach Bruce Barnes said. “We turned the ball over way too many times and missed a lot of easy shots when we did break the press.”
Caleb Carter scored 24 points and Brian Barnes added nine points for Carson, which plays View Prep Park of Southern California at 10 a.m. today.
Trending In: Sports
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit