CHS tennis teams sweep Hugf
September 6, 2005
Since Hug had just one doubles pair, the Carson High boys tennis team already had a Siera League win before it stepped onto the court on Tuesday at Centennial Park.
The Senators (3-0, 2-0) used three different doubles teams who all won for an 18-0 win. Victor Pineda and John Kane won 6-1, Ryan Zaro and Alex Wing won 6-1 and Blake Easby and Mitch Grover won 6-3 for Carson, who will host North Valleys on Thursday.
CARSON GIRLS 18, HUG 0
Hug had only three players, giving Carson (1-1, 1-0) the chance to play three singles matches and three doubles matches. Janna Greenburg won 6-4, Meghan Craig won 6-2 and Molly Champion won 6-1 in singles while Olivia Lesprance and Briana Colllings won 6-1, Joanna Zie and Llanie Ibarra won 6-1 and Jamie Good and Amanda Nelson won 6-0 in doubles.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’