CHSfrosh football rolls past Wooster
September 27, 2007
The Carson High freshmen football team rolled to a 34-14 win over Wooster on Thursday at home.
Cody Metcalf scored on a 60-yard touchdown run for Carson (2-2, 1-1 in the Sierra League) on the first play from scrimmage. Justin Otero and Ritchie Putnam also scored touchdowns.
Lineman Ritchie Putnam scored the other two touchdowns, one on a fumble recovery return and another when he returned an onside kick for a score. Putnam has scored three touchdowns this season.
On defense, Crhis Foss had a sack, Sean Weekley had an interception and Danny Gall, Tyler Collins and Mike Bolanos all played well. Chris Marsh kicked four extra points.
CHSJV soccer knocks off Reno
Matt Nuthall contributed to the first three goals as the Carson High junior varsity soccer team rolled to a 5-0 win over Reno High.
Recommended Stories For You
Nuthall scored the first two goals off of assists from Ian Gunn and then Guillermo Alonzo scored on an assist from Nuthall. Octavio Gomez also scored and Miguel Camacho scored on an assist from Carlos Galvan for Carson’s other goal. Goalies Pedro Chavez and David Yanez combined to post the shutout with the help of defenders Nate Eng, Luis Aguilar, Aldo Del Razo, Gustavo Gonzalez and Skylar Greenman.
Trending In: Sports
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders