Clay strong in discus
August 21, 2008
Bryan Clay finished with a mark of 176 feet, 4 3/4 inches in the discus, eclipsing his mark of 173 feet that he set at the U.S. Olympic Trials.
Andrei Krauchanka of Belarus, who was in second place behind Clay in the decathlon going into the discus, has yet to throw.
Clay is coached by 1983 Carson High graduate Kevin Reid.
Trending In: Sports
- Carson High School athletes honored with post-season awards
- Reno A’s use walks to beat Carson Blue Jays
- Carson City’s Kyrsta Palmer wins U.S. title, off to World Cup
- Darrell Moody: Former Dayton star wins JC national title in decathlon
- Fallon’s Christian Nemeth overcomes adversity in competing in 3 sports in senior season