Carson City’s Palmer MW Diver of the Week
January 27, 2016
Carson City diver
nabs MW award
RENO – For the fourth time this season, University of Nevada senior Krysta Palmer of Carson City has been named Mountain West Diver of the Week. She was honored for her efforts in leading undefeated Nevada past San Jose State with a first-place finish on the 3-meter springboard.
Palmer – the reigning Mountain West Diver of the Year – dominated on the 3-meter springboard with 381.01 points, winning the event by nearly 60 points. Her 3-meter dive was her best score this season and was her best since breaking the school record last season. Palmer also placed runner-up on the 1-meter springboard with a score of 323.83.
Palmer's efforts helped Nevada claim 31 out of 38 total points in diving, leading the team to its fourth straight dual win. The Wolf Pack is an undefeated 8-0 on the season after winning the five-team Pacific Invitational and defeating UC Davis, Fresno State, Boise State and San Jose State.
Trending In: College
- Nevada Wolf Pack’s Lindsey Drew comes from long basketball bloodlines
- ANALYSIS: DJ Whittemore says coaching Nevada baseball is his dream job
- Coach Ian Hill wants Western Nevada College soccer to be national-level program
- Memories of WNC athletics: John L. Harvey Field’s beauty goes beyond baseball
- Nevada Wolf Pack Athletic Director Doug Knuth has a decision to make regarding Brian Polian, says Joe Santoro