Pack women facetough opener
November 11, 2016
The University of Nevada women's basketball team, coming off a 5-25 season, hosts Big West power Long Beach State tonight at 6:30 at Lawlor Events Center.
The 49ers advanced to the NIT last season. The Pack lost five straight to end last season, including a 59-35 setback to Utah State in the opening round of the Mountain West Conference post-season tournament in Las Vegas.
"I know we're better, but I don't know how much better," Nevada coach Jane Albright said Wednesday afternoon. "We won the off-season. We worked hours and hours during the summer. The recruiting was good.
"We want to play well. I don't know that Long Beach has a lot of respect for us, but why would they? This is a big challenge. We'd love to see Wolf Pack fans come out and support us."
The Pack welcomes back T Moe, who suffered a season-ending injury in preseason last year. She also had her 2014-15 season cut to four games because of an injury. As a result, she's a junior athletically.
Moe averaged 16 a game before suffering her first injury in 2014-15 against USF.
Recommended Stories For You
Nevada continues its two-game homestand on Sunday at 2 p.m. against Portland.
Trending In: College
- ANALYSIS: DJ Whittemore says coaching Nevada baseball is his dream job
- Could 2015 baseball team be best ever at UNR?
- Mackay Stadium becomes friendlier confines
- Nevada Wolf Pack Athletic Director Doug Knuth has a decision to make regarding Brian Polian, says Joe Santoro
- PACK SEEKS TO END 8-GAME ROAD SKID