Coyotes baseball sweeps three games
August 20, 2004
The Carson Coyotes Senior Babe Ruth Baseball team returned to action this past week by sweeping three games at Governor’s Field.
Last Saturday, the Coyotes swept a doubleheader from the River City Wildcats from Rancho Cordova, Calif., winning the opener 8-3 and the nightcap 8-6. On Thursday, the Coyotes beat the Reno Silver Sox 12-8.
In the opener against the Wildcats, Josh Camper pitched six innings for the win. Jason Alcasas pitched a scoreless seventh inning. Johnny Hazeltine went 2-for-3 with a double, Brad Breeden, Adam Anderson, Wes Osmer and Kevin Millim all doubled and Camper added a hit.
In the nightcap, Osmer pitched a complete game for the win, striking out five. Alex Tanchek, Hazeltine and Kyle Cahill all doubled and Breeden, Anderson and Millim all added a hit.
Against the Silver Sox, Jason Knowles pitched three shutout innings for the win, striking out seven. Breeden went 4-for-5 with a double, Hazeltime, Knowles and Millim all doubled, Cahill tripled and Josh Mynear added a hit.
Trending In: Sports
- Joe Santoro: Muss has dickens of a time with great expectations
- No. 7 Nevada wins 10th straight behind Porter’s 14 points
- Roger Diez: Here’s the skinny on Sunday’s race
- Mountain West Rankings: Nevada Wolf Pack men’s basketball team still rolling
- Marchegger named Gatorade runner of the year, signs with Pack