Dayton baseball ‘Seals’ a split
April 6, 2003
Justin Seals drove in the winning run in the bottom of the seventh inning to give the Dayton High baseball team a split in its doubleheader against Spring Creek on Saturday at home.
Dayton won the nightcap 6-5 after losing the opener 6-4. Seals went 2-for-4 and also drove in the tying run in the fifth to make the score 5-5 in the nightcap.
Matt Bowman was the winning pitcher, allowing no runs and no hits while striking out two over the final 1 2/3 innings. Bowman was also 2-for-2, Adam Diament was 2-for-3, Tim Torres went 3-for-4 with three doubles and three RBIs and Seals was 2-for-4 for Dayton.
In the opener, Andrew Rice was 3-for-4 and Ryan Blaver went 2-for-2. Rice also turned in a complete game effort on the mound for the Dust Devils.
Trending In: Sports
- Fallon Green Wave quashes seventh-inning rally to win Nevada 3A State Softball Championship
- Girls state track: Carson High’s Pradere wins again
- Carson High’s Pradere going for redemption at state
- Carson High’s Pradere wins 1600, Sierra Lutheran dominates 1A at state track
- Fallon advances to the NIAA 3A softball championship