Dayton boys beat Incline
December 14, 2005
The Dayton High boys basketball team broke open a close game in the third quarter on its way to a 70-52 win at Incline on Thursday in its Northern 3A opener.
Dayton (6-2) led 38-34 at halftime, but outscored Incline 22-7 in the third quarter to break the game open. “We just wanted to put an emphasis on defense,” Dayton coach T.W. Cunningham said.
Jordan Stokes scored 23 points, Shane Castro had 17 points, Erik Hopper added nine points and Jacob Jones came off the bench to score seven points. Josh Niebuurt and Mike Vincent also played well off the bench for Dayton. “I thought our bench played really well for us,” Cunningham said.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy