Dayton boys edge Silver Stage
November 30, 2007
Jerrin Foster hit a free throw with no time left as the Dayton High boys basketball team held off Silver Stage 56-55 on Friday to advance to the finals of its own Sutro Classic.
Dayton will play Wooster, a 53-48 winner over Fernley, in today’s championship game at 1:30 p.m.
Dennis Kerney hit two foul shots to tie the score 55-55, completing a comeback for Silver Stage. But Jerrin Foster grabbed an offensive rebound off of a missed shot for Dayton and was fouled on his way back up with no time left. Foster made his first free throw for the win.
Dayton jumped out to a 20-8 lead after one quarter and led 34-21 at halftime. But Silver Stage closed to within 47-39 after three quarters.
“They’ve got some nice ball players,” said Dayton coach T.W. Cunningham about Silver Stage. “They played hard.
They had opportunities to quit and never did. You’ve got to give them credit. We turned the ball over way too many times, especially late.”
Recommended Stories For You
Tanner Wood scored 17 points, Ryan Ransdell had 14 points, Foster had 11 points and Hans Meyer, Jelaney Perkins and Chris Sikora all added four points for Dayton. Jared Roberts scored 17 points and Mitch Fassett added 15 points for Silver Stage.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection