Dayton girls soccer beats Battle Mountain
September 7, 2007
The Dayton High girls soccer team rolled to a 7-0 win over Battle Mountain in its Northern 3A opener on Friday at home.
Erika Garcia scored in the first three minutes and Natasha Olivera scored off of an assist from Sara Elissa at the 12th minute mark. Garcia scored again one minute later on an assist from Jazmine Castaneda.
Kaitlin Wutch scored with five minutes left in the half and Susie Melgarejo scored on an assist from Garcia as time ran out to give Dayton a 5-0 halftime lead. Leah Kennedy scored on an assist from Rachel Mann and Vilma Arauz scored on an assist from Kennedy to finish the scoring.
Mann made two saves and Cambria Hardin made one save to combine to post the shutout.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature