Dayton girls soccer beats Fernley
September 8, 2007
The Dayton High girls soccer team improved to 2-0 in the Northern 3A with a 4-1 win over Fernley on Saturday at Dayton.
Erika Garcia scored the first of her three goals off of an assist by Kaitlin Wutch to give the Dust Devils a 1-0 halftime lead. Natasha Olivera scored on an assist from Jazmine Castaneda to make it 2-0.
After Fernley closed to within 2-1, Garcia scored twice in a minute span in the final three minutes to put the game away. She scored on an assist from Olivera and then scored on an assist from Vilma Arauz for the final margin.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand