Dayton hoops beats Spanish Springs
December 14, 2002
The Dayton High boys basketball team picked up an impressive win over 4A Spanish Springs 58-48 on Friday.
“It was a real nice win for us,” said Dayton coach Rob Streeter about his 3A team beating a 4A school.
The Dust Devils led 20-19 at halftime and scored 20 points in the third quarter as they gradually pulled away in the second half.
“We kind of wore them down with our pressure defense and we got better looks in the second half.” Streeter said.
Jake Deen had 20 points and nine rebounds, Justin Harris scored 13 points, Matt Bowman had 12 points and Dylan Morris added 10 rebounds for Dayton.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’