Dayton volleyball falls to Yerington
October 26, 2005
The Dayton High volleyball team finished the regular season on a losing note, losing at Yerington 15-25, 18-25, 25-23, 25-22, 5-15.
Dayton finished third in the Northern 3A at 11-5, behind regular season champion Lowry and second place North Tahoe. Dayton will next play in the Northern 3A playoffs on Saturday, Nov. 5 against the No. 6 seed.
With a win, the Dust Devils could end up in a showdown against North Tahoe for a spot in the NIAA 3A State Championships. The top two teams from the Northern 3A playoffs will advance to state. Dayton and North Tahoe split their two matches this season.
Against Yerington, Michelle Bowman had 24 assists, four blocks, three kills and two digs, Gina Henderson had three digs, six blocks and five kills, Diana Rutt had 13 kills, one block and seven digs, Sara Simmons had six kills, 11 digs and three aces, Rachel Studebaker had 11 digs, Kristin Wetzel had seven digs and one ace and Stephanie Greer had three kills and one block.
Dayton won the junior varsity match 25-14, 25-15 and the freshmen contest 25-15, 25-22.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit