Dayton volleyball sweeps past Sparks
September 15, 2005
Sara Simmons and Diana Rutt each had a strong serving nights with seven aces to help lead the Dayton High volleyball team to a 25-17, 25-15, 25-15 win over Sparks on Thursday in the two teams’ Northern 3A opener.
Also for the Dust Devils, Kasey Armstrong had one block and four digs, Rutt had five kills and five digs, Gina Henderson had four kills and four digs, Bailey Garcia had three kills and two aces, Rachel Studebaker had three assist, two aces and three digs, Jerrika Gutierrez had three digs, Simmons had nine assists, Melony Cox had two kills, two aces and three digs, and Kristin Wetzel added seven digs and two aces. Dayton won the freshmen match and lost the junior varsity contest.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand