Dayton wrestlers strong at Fallon
December 15, 2002
The Dayton High wrestling team went 2-2 at the Fallon Tournament, beating Reno High (42-21) and Sparks (40-28) and losing to Battle Mountain (50-30) and Rite of Passage (44-28).
Steven Novello went 3-1 for Dayton, with his only loss coming in a 2-1 decision to Battle Mountain’s Tim Doehring, who is ranked No. 2 in Northern Nevada.
Heavyweight Justin Seals went 3-1, with his only loss coming to Sparks’ Kelly Anundson, who is ranked No. 1 in Northern Nevada. John Hurt won by pin three times to go 3-1 at 135. Brian Irwin and Chris Thompson both also went 3-1 for Dayton.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature