Deadline for your hunter report card |

Deadline for your hunter report card

Don Quilici

If you were one of the many thousands of hunters who were lucky enough to draw a Nevada big game hunting tag during the 1999 hunting year, remember that you need to send in your “hunter report card.”

You need to do so before 5 p.m. on Jan. 31.

That questionnaire card comes attached to each big game tag and you must return it, regardless of whether or not you were successful during your particular hunt.

And as a special word of advice, be advised that if you don’t send it in, you WILL NOT be eligible to apply for all Nevada big game hunts for a period of one year. So, don’t forget.

The information gathered from those questionnaires plays a major role in the Nevada Division of Wildlife’s setting of future big game quotas and hunting seasons lengths.

Take a moment to locate your card, fill out the necessary information and then drop it in the mail to:

Nevada Hunt Application Office, P.O. Box 1345, Fallon, 89407-1345.

Or, if you have the necessary equipment, you can fax it to the Hunt Application Office at (775) 423-0799.

Be sure to do it soon.

Do not send it to NDOW – that is the wrong location.

So, take a moment out of your busy schedule to fill out your report card and then either mail it or fax it to that Fallon location.

Remember – 5 p.m. on Jan. 31 is the absolute deadline.

For information, call NDOW at 688-1500 or the Hunt Application Office in Fallon at (800) 576-1020, during regular business hours.