Denny back in contention for finals
July 22, 2005
Douglas High graduate Keston Denny has given himself an excellent chance to advance to Sunday’s championship round in the National High School Finals Rodeo.
Denny, who represents the Carson-Douglas Rodeo Club, put himself back in contention to make the finals with the second fastest overall time in steer wrestling during Friday morning’s go-round in Gillette, Wyo. Denny had the fastest time in the go-round at 4.625 seconds and through Friday morning’s performance, it was the second fastest overall time, only behind the 4.499 turned in by Ben Carson of Linden, Utah.
In his performance on Tuesday, Denny finished with a disappointing time of 9.45 seconds. But he rebounded on Friday and now has an overall time of 14.075, which was 10th through Friday morning’s performance.
The top 20 finishers will advance to Sunday’s finals. With three performances left, one on Friday night and two today, it looks like Denny has an excellent chance to finish in the top 20 and to advance to Sunday’s finals.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit