Douglas baseball defeats Fernley
April 10, 2002
Several pitchers combined on a one-hit shutout for the Douglas High baseball team in a 10-0 win over Fernley on Tuesday.
Darren Muren, Collin Muren, Brandon Silvera and Austin Graham all combined on the one-hitter in the game that was called after five innings.
For Douglas, it was a chance to stay in action as the Tigers don’t play against until this Tuesday against McQueen.
“You’ve just got to keep playing,” Douglas coach Hal Wheeler said.
Douglas continued to receive outstanding pitching against Fernley.
“The pitching’s been great this year,” Wheeler said. “We have no complaints.”
Recommended Stories For You
Graham got Douglas going in the first inning with a two-run home run. Graham was 2-for-2, Cal Lewis was 2-for-2 with a double and Shane Cauley had two hits with a triple. Andy Rupley had Fernley’s only hit.
DOUGLAS JVS 13, FERNLEY 3
Tyson Estes pitched a five-hitter, striking out five and walking one for the Douglas junior varsity baseball team in its win over Fernley.
Brian Miller was 2-for-3 with two RBIs, a double and a triple, Charlie Baroni went 2-for-3 with an RBI, Chris Honer doubled three times with three RBIs, Brandon Huff went 2-for-3 with four RBIs, Cory Hartzell and Kyle Luken were each 1-for-3 with an RBI and Jeff Sykes and Spike Agosta each went 1-for-3 for the Tigers.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’