Douglas boys basketball wins
December 1, 2005
DOUGLAS 57, BAKERSFIELD CHRISTIAN 54
Rob Streeter picked up his first win as the Douglas boys coach at the Buchanan-Clovis West Tournament in Fresno, Calif. Douglas rebounded after a 76-33 loss to Memorial of Fresno, ranked No. 19 in the nation. “We’ll take an ugly win,” Streeter said.
Douglas led 13-12 after one quarter and 28-27 at halftime, but fell behind 43-39 after three quarters. The Tigers, though, outscored Bakersfield 18-11 in the fourth quarter.
Standout post player Keith Olson, who was held to two points in the first three quarters, scored six points in the fourth quarter and sophomore Jordan Hadlock added seven points in the final period to lead Douglas. Jeff Nady led the Tigers with 10 points.
After Bakersfield hit a three-pointer to cut the lead to two, sophomore Kevin Emm made 1-of-2 foul shots to make it 57-54. Michael Gransbery then intercepted the inbounds pass to secure the win.
Streete also praised Jared Trowbridge’s defensive play. “We had a good fourth quarter,” Streeter said. “The kids showed some resilience.”
Recommended Stories For You
Douglas will play Central California power Edison of Fresno today. “We came down here to challenge ourselves and get better.”
Trending In: Sports
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit