Douglas boys fall against Orem
December 17, 2005
The Douglas High boys basketball team was in complete control against Utah’s top team in the first half. But then the Tigers were brought back to reality in the second half.
Orem, ranked No. 1 in Utah, went on to beat Douglas 63-49 on Saturday in the George Maldonado Classic at Galena. The Tigers led 29-18 at halftime.
“I was very happy with my kids the first half,” Douglas coach Rob Streeter said. “We were very solid against a very good team.”
Keith Olson scored 14 points, Kevin Emm had 10 points and Nate Whalin added eight points for Douglas.
The Tigers open up Sierra League play on Thursday against Damonte Ranch. With a team of sophomores and juniors and no seniors, Douglas has gone 4-6 against a tough schedule.
“With our preseason schedule and the kids we have I can think of worse things,” Streeter said. “We’ve been getting better.”
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit