Douglas boys fall in Vacaville Tournament
December 13, 2002
The Douglas boys basketball team turned in a solid effort, but it wasn’t enough in a 65-59 loss to a talented Vanden team of Fairfield, Calif. in the Vacaville (Calif.) Tournament.
“They’re pretty good,” said Douglas coach Keith Lewis about Vanden. “I thought our kids played very well, probably our best game of the year. We shot the ball real well, I thought, probably our best shooting night.”
Luke Rippee led the way, hitting five three-pointers on his way to scoring 21 points.
“Luke played just outstanding,” Lewis said. “He played a really good overall game.”
Nick Summers scored 15 points and Travis Stuman added 13 points for the Tigers, which continued play in the tournament at 5 p.m. today.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy
- Carson City sets aside site for affordable housing