Douglas boys soccer beats Damonte
October 17, 2007
The Douglas High boys soccer team kept pace with Carson for first place in the Sierra League with a 5-0 win over Damonte Ranch on Wednesday at home.
The Tigers (15-4, 9-3) stayed tied for first with Carson with the win. Eddie Vega opened the scoring for Douglas on an assist from Oscar Gonzalez and the Dustin Goldade scored on a header off of an assist by Robbie Forest.
Vega scored again on an assist from Edgar Arceo and Brian Jaggard scored on an assist from Christian Salazar. Jose Alcaraz, who played in the field in the second half after playing at goalie in the first half, scored the final goal on a header off of Vega’s corner kick.
Alcaraz made one save and Corbin Zumpft played at goalie in the second half to help post the shutout. Timo Loullgen also played well.
“It was really good, unselfish play on our kids parts,” Douglas coach Milko Vasquez said. “We just worked a lot on possession.”
Trending In: Sports
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit