Douglas boys soccer beats Hug
September 24, 2005
DOUGLAS 6, HUG 0
David Sturgess and Michael Gransbery didn’t waste any time as they combined on the first three goals to help lead the Douglas boys soccer team to the win at Hug.
Sturgess scored the first three goals, all on assists from Gransbery. The two combined for a goal in the first minute of the game. Sturgess then scored on a beautiful shot from just outside the goal box off of an assist from Gransbery.
Douglas led 5-0 at halftime and didn’t allow a shot on goal in the first half. The Tigers outshot Hug 25-3.
After Sturgess, who has scored eight goals in the last four games, combined with Gransbery again, Martin Rubio sent an indirect kick to the goal that was deflected by the goalie. Eddie Vega scored on the rebound. Gransbery concluded the scoring in the first half when he scored off of a crossing pass from the right corner by Jose Alcaraz.
Douglas substituted freely in the second half. Steve Done scored the final goal off of an assist from Chris Aguilar, who came onto the field after playing goalie in the first half.
Recommended Stories For You
Aguilar and Alcaraz, who played goalie in the second half, combined on the shutout. Justin Grimm and and Justin Norvell also played well defensively.
Trending In: Sports
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders