Douglas boys soccer beats Hug
October 19, 2005
DOUGLAS 4, HUG 2
David Sturgess scored three goals to lead the Douglas boys soccer team (14-4-2, 8-3-1) to the win. The Tigers’ first goal came when Hug put the ball into its own goal after a loose ball.
Sturgess then took over, scoring on assists from Michael Gransbery, Oscar Gonzalez and Steve Done. Douglas outshot Hug 24-8.
Defender Travis Goldade did an outstanding job of marking Hug’s No. 1 scoring threat. Goalie Chris Aguilar made three saves. Jose Alcaraz, Brian Jaggard, Ray Kaffer and Geoff Rahe also played well for Douglas.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand