Douglas boys soccer beats McQueen
September 7, 2005
The Douglas High boys soccer team scored two goals in the first 15 minutes and made them hold up in a 2-0 win over McQueen on Thursday.
Martin Rubio scored off of a corner kick from Brendan Carlson in the fifth minute and Michael Gransbery scored off of another assist from Carlson in the 15th minute. Chris Aguilar made eight saves to post the shutout. Justin Norvell and Travis Goldade also played well defensively.
Douglas will next play at Carson at 3 p.m. Saturday. The winner will receive five points toward the Sierra Nevada Cup presented by Les Schwab.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit