Douglas boys soccer beats Reno
September 28, 2005
DOUGLAS 2, RENO 1
The Douglas High boys soccer team picked up a key Sierra League win over Reno High as both teams are now 4-2 in league play.
David Sturgess assisted on both goals for Douglas (10-3-1). After a scoreless first half, Douglas struck in the first 20 seconds in the second half when Sturgess assisted on a goal by Kyle Mannshreck.
Reno tied the score 10 minutes later when Douglas couldn’t clear the ball. Reno scored after the ball bounced off a defender. Brendan Carlson scored the game-winner with six minutes left when he out jumped the Reno defenders for a high pass from Sturgess and scored.
Goalie Chris Aguilar had an outstanding game for Douglas, making several excellent saves and finishing with nine saves. Justin Norvell and Justin Grimm also played well defensively.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’