Douglas boys soccer falls
September 12, 2007
The Douglas High boys soccer team couldn’t take advantage of its chances in the first half and it proved to be costly in a 3-2 loss at Wooster on Wednesday in a Sierra League opener.
Douglas settled on a 1-0 halftime lead when Andrew Andraski scored on an assist from Antoine Van den Bulke. But Wooster scored three goals in the first 20 minutes of the second half.
Edgar Arceo scored with five minutes left for Douglas, but it wasn’t enough. Goalie Jose Alcaraz made six saves for the Tigers.
“We had chances especially in the first half,” Douglas coach Milko Vasquez said. “We had three clear goals and we didn’t capitalize and it came back to haunt us. I can’t complain about my kids effort.”
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand